Friday, December 5, 2008

sorry i've been a bum!

I think because I never upload my pictures from my camera, I forget to share my life!  So a super quick recap and maybe I'll get back up on the horse and get back into a routine.

I went home to the States for 10 days, and it was great.  I really think I was able to recharge my batteries.  It's amazing how quickly life changes.  Greg and I still don't have a nitch here in Spain, having dogs has been a HUGE help in meeting people, but it's definitely not the same.  And life has gone on at home, so there isn't really a nitch there either.  It's an interesting spot to be in... and I'm not exactly sure I like it.  But a season is a season.  

Some of my awesome friends accompanied me to New York City to get my visa.  It was a really fun time, we took the train (which has always been easiest for Greg and I.. but this time was just a hassle) and used the subway to get around, the city isn't ready for Christmas yet, but it was very cold that day and definitely felt like winter.  I've never been into F.A.O.Schwartz, and let me tell you... COOLEST STORE EVER!  They have tons of Harry Potter stuff, and since I'm a huge fan, I was going crazy-I must have called Greg at least 10 times to tell him about all the wands and scarves.  Jessie and I were in heaven.  

But I was REALLY excited to come back home.  Unlike our first trip out here, we actually have a home, which made it much more exciting.  I was ready to sleep in my own bed and hang out with my puppies.  And my really wonderful husband mopped and vacuumed the whole house so I wouldn't have to do any cleaning when I got home.  Amazing.  

I came home just in time for Thanksgiving, to a country who has NO idea what that is.  I would try to explain to our Spanish friends what Thanksgiving really means, and I've decided that unless one attends Thanksgiving dinner, they'll never understand the beauty of an American all out feast.  We weren't able to have Thanksgiving on Thursday (everyone had to work) and Greg was quite jealous of everyone back home who had the long weekend.  But we celebrated with a group of Americans (and one Dutch family) on Saturday, and it was great!  We had two turkeys, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, mac and cheese, cranberry sauce, the works!  I was amazed!  

We also got our dog neutered last week.  Talk about a difficult task, trying to keep a dog "calm" for a week, when we have his best friend trying to attack him at every moment in the day.  But after a week of only walks on leashes we finally got the stitches out and I took them to the beach for the first time in 2 weeks, and I've never seen dogs so excited!  I seriously thought they might jump out of their skin they couldn't stop shaking.. and they ran for an hour, they didn't stop!  It was great when they passed out on the couch later that evening!  

No comments: