Friday, January 30, 2009

crazy mornings

I wrote this last Friday, but I saved it as a draft on accident instead of putting it up! Enjoy =)

Gijon is probably the safest place I've ever been in my life, that said... this morning at 5 Greg and I woke up to someone ringing our doorbell and banging on the door.  Well, we got up and went to check thinking maybe Brian or Jodie was having an emergency and needed us.  I looked out the peephole and couldn't see anything, and someone was speaking in Spanish asking us to open the door, of course I totally freaked out, we asked them to turn the light on but they didn't and neither of us knew what he/she was saying in the hallway.  I eventually threatened to call the police, and she said "please no I'm your neighbor!"  Turns out, it was our next door neighbor, she's about 96 years old and thought she was going to the bathroom but actually walked into the hallway.  Unlike in the States, when a door closes it locks, so this poor woman was locked out of her house and we had no idea who to call or what to do.  Greg finally thought he'd give the old credit card trick a try and it worked, he "broke" into our neighbors house!  Unfortunately, we were both heart broken for our poor neighbor, but it is a pretty funny story!

My swimming update, I swam 62 laps yesterday, up 12 since Tuesday.  And I did 5x100 IMs (butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, freestyle).  I was pretty impressed, and it felt great!  I loved just being able to think about nothing else except for breathing and counting my laps.  And I was the only person in the whole pool, it was great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Erin. I would expect you to crawl into your bed, under the sheets and pretend that you are hiding.