Thursday, September 11, 2008

i hate laundry

In my new beloved country of residence, there are many things that I love, for example: living 5 minutes from the beach, public transportation, fruit stands, markets, sidra, the list goes on.  But I have also encountered my arch nemesis... laundry.  Unlike the ease of throwing in a big load of laundry, throwing it in the dryer 30-45 minutes later, and after an hour out comes fluffy comfortable clothing... it is quite a different process in Spain.  My washer can only fit approximately 4-5 kilograms (you have no idea how much that is... approximately 3 pairs of pants, 2 shirts and some underwear). The washing process takes  1 hour and 30 minutes.  For the time being, I don't have a dryer-although hopefully this weekend that will change-so I hang my clothes on a line to let them air dry.  This leaves clothes so hard though!  So Jodie lets me borrow her dryer and I throw my clothes once they're more or less dry to soften them up.  But this past week I got very far behind, so yesterday I had to do 3 loads of laundry!  Consuming my entire day..  I can't wait until I live in the apartment and can just throw in a load every day.  
Other than that, life is wonderful.  Jodie, Brian, Greg and I found a store that is very similar to Wal-Mart last night, so I finally bought an ironing board (for a reasonable price!).  We didn't have a lot of time, but Jodie and I are super excited.
At church this past Sunday, we talked about Ezekial 18, last night while I was waiting for dinner, I took the opportunity to read the whole of the chapter.  I highly recommend it.  God has been revealing to me the freedom that can be found in Him, and his love for those who don't know him. 
"But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.  None of the transgressions he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live"
-Ezekial 18:21,22
This is such a great reminder for us when we are so clouded by our pasts.  God forgives us and no sins that we have committed will be remembered, there is no shame or guilt.  It's a wonderful feeling.  So there is much to gain for those who follow Christ....life. 


No comments: