Saturday, October 11, 2008

lots of exercise

Greg got his official residency card yesterday!  He's a legal Spanish resident.. so exciting!

Today we went hiking with Greg's boss and his boss's boss, and of course Brian and Jodie Which is not something you usually get to do in the states, but since we're our own little ex-pat community, it's really cool to hang out with everyone.  We drove about 45 minutes south of Gijon and went on an "easy" hike.  I don't know who decides what level the hikes are.. but I don't think I would have called this one easy.  The path was paved for the 2 hour part that we walked, but beyond that it was just a trail.  But it was pretty steep.  Since we can't leave our puppies for too long, we brought them with us, and we had SO much fun!  They've never stayed awake as long as they did today... and they've slept since we got home.  The windy roads didn't agree with Goyo, and when we stopped for gas he threw up his breakfast-but other than that it was a smooth ride.  We rigged up Greg's backpack so we could carry them when they got tired, which turned out to work really well.  Lola had to take a few breaks, but Goyo did really well!  And he stayed behind the first person in the pack.. so he's learning his place, we were proud of our training.  
They also experienced running water for the first time as they explored a bit of a river with Greg.  We're having so much fun with them, and we hope they'll grow up to love hiking with us.  It's starting to look like fall here, and reminds me of home, when my family would drive up to Bloomsburg, PA and all along the highways the trees would be orange and red.  There aren't any red trees, but there are lots of yellows and oranges.  It's breathtaking.  I can't wait until they start to get all snow capped!
Other cool things that happened this week.... 
-my best friend and her husband opened for Charlie Hall in Newark, DE.  I think that's pretty awesome... i miss her.  (jennyandtylermusic.com)
-I had my first Spanish class... it's a Spanish class for foreigners that is offered by the city.  There were a few people from all sorts of countries- Germany, England, U.S.A, Tunesia, Brazil, Italy, Australia.
-Thanks to my puppies, I've made a few friends.. We go to the park every day at 2 to run around with some other schnauzers.  It's amazing how with the two dogs-all of a sudden I have a plethora of people to talk to, I love it! 

So, here are a few pictures from our aventuras en las montanas:
 

No comments: