Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gardening

It's a known fact that my parents and siblings are fantastic gardeners, anyone who has been to my house has seen the botanical gardens they call our back yard.  Or you could just look it up on Wikipedia, because if it's on Wikipedia it has to be real, right?

Unfortunately, I think it's a dominant gene, and along with blonde hair I got the recessive black thumb gene.  I'm terrible at keeping things alive!  It's kind of ridiculous.  I've been able to keep a few house plants alive, but they were all under the category you could die and have no one find you for months and these plants would still be alive.

My father-in-law also has a super green thumb, and has an absolutely beautiful yard.  Last time he came to visit we spent a few hours outside pulling weeds and planting some flowers, which my dogs have managed to destroy and they tear around outside chasing each other at a ridiculously fast pace for 2 tiny dogs that have a combined weight of 23 lbs.

And to add to my inability to garden, the trees sent down like 100 million kajillion of those helicopter things that have managed to make little baby trees all over our yard...
They also invaded our gutters and I thought they were so cute, but Greg said we had to get rid of them... weak sauce.

No comments: