Friday, July 16, 2010

Bathroom Adventures

you weren't sure where this post was going... were you?

Lucky for you, I'll keep my bathroom secrets just that. Secrets.

Anyway, Greg went to Delaware for a wedding this weekend.  I would have loved to go to, but since airline prices go up like 3x in the summer months, it wasn't really an option.  Our friends Matt and Meghan are getting married, and they're super good looking-so it'll probably be an awesome wedding.  Hopefully he'll remember to take pictures!
To keep me occupied while he's away, I've decided that our basement bathroom needs some serious cosmetic surgery.  It's painted like a weird blue/gray color, which isn't so bad, but it just makes it feel dark and dingy.  And I hate letting our guests use it because I think it's scary in there!  So I'm on a mission to make it warm and inviting in 72 hours.  As much fun as Greg and I have doing projects together, I think they just stress him out.  So I gave myself a $100 budget, and I've already got started.

Last night I took off all of the hardware, and managed to shatter a mirror that produced lots of baby cuts on my hands, but I'm ok!  Only to find that whoever did the bathroom the first time was super lazy, the paint is peeling because there was no primer on the vinyl wall-board, luckily this is only the case on one of the walls.  So I did some research and went to Home Depot today to buy a primer called "Gripper" which helps paint adhere to glossier surfaces.  And then I came home, peeled off as much paint as I could with a wide puddy knife, lightly sanded, and primed the wall.  I'm really proud of myself!

Like I mentioned before, Greg has the camera, so I wasn't able to get any good before shots, but I'll make sure to put up the after photos, and you'll have to let me know if you wouldn't mind using that bathroom =)

No comments: