Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I can't help but be cliche, I can't believe how much has happened this year!  We've lived on a different continent, visited 5 countries, bought a house, and moved to the midwest. 

But, we're both really excited for 2010.  After a year of living quite isolated, we're finally in a place we can call home.  I never thought I'd love the midwest, but it's fantastic!  We have found a great church, and are making such great friends.  It's shocking how quickly you get used to isolation, and we both found ourselves not so willing to reach out to make friends, it's difficult to be so vulnerable.  But through God's grace we've landed amongst some of the coolest people we've met in a long time.  Although we definitely miss all of our Delaware friends!

Last night we spent New Year's Eve with 2 other couples, and it was so much fun to just be together and forge new friendships.  Plus, they both have kids and 2 cute babies make the deal way better!  And I'm not going to lie, I made some really good guacamole (I love you Pioneer Woman).

And today, we woke up early and drove to St. Louis and are hanging out for a 2nd Christmas and my mother-in-laws birthday, I love going for walks here.  It's such an "old school" feeling in a big city, and the houses are beautiful where Greg grew up. 

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great 2009, and good luck with all those resolutions, I'm not even setting a goal this year, I always seem to give up by.... January 2. 

No comments: