Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Little changes

One of the things we love about our house are the french doors leading into the master bedroom.  They help make the house feel open.  And they're a great accountability for making the bed, if you asked my mom I bet she'd say I never made my bed growing up, she should have given me a door with windows!  Because now, I do it everyday because I hate seeing it up there all messy.  Except on Saturdays as you can tell from the picture...

But, the drawback-no privacy.  When my best friend and her husband came to visit, it was quite comical to say hello through our door while one of them would go to the bathroom to brush their teeth.
We wanted to add curtains, and found them quite easily at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  But I had the hardest time trying to find curtain rods that were only 16-25 inches.  I spent a ridiculous amount of time searching online to only find magnetic ones.  Well, on my next trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond to return something, I figured that I bought the curtains there why don't I just check (even though online they did not have anything).  And to my luck, I found them!  Nice and plain curtain rods, and the best part, they were only $4.99 a piece!  You can't beat that my friends... And isn't my husband so handsome with his bed head (i love him).

This past weekend we added the opaque curtains to the doors, to maintain the airiness but to give a little mystery.  I think it looks great, and it only took a few minutes.

1 comment:

tyler said...

it looks great! you guys are such homeowners! i love it! :) -jenny