Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's freezing here...

I guess I knew what I was getting in to (is that right?  I need to go back to school.. I think it's right).
But man on man, every morning it gets me again, IL is so cold!  We went to St. Louis for New Years Day, which also happens to be my mother-in-law's birthday, and it was almost 10 degrees warmer there than it is here, stupid wind.  But anyway, I'm slowly adding warmer clothes to my wardrobe, and I bundle up when I take the dogs out, they're definitely missing their 2ish mile walks though, they run around the house like crazy people.
Greg's been really into making sure our house is well insulated and we're not wasting any heat, we keep the house at a nice 63 degrees and wear lots of clothes, but I'm not complaining, I prefer to save our money than pay more bills.
Cool thing was, our gas company sent us a little package full of gizmos to use around the house to lower our energy costs.  I'm not willing to give up our nice shower head, so the low flow shower head landed WAY back in the closet.  But we have made a conscious effort to use fluorescent bulbs and Greg insulated all of our outlets/phone jacks that are on an outside wall.  I took a few pictures, unfortunately I don't have a picture of the cool foam insert they gave us, but Greg just filled the insides with an insulating foam.                                     Here's my super cute hubby at work

Greg got a little foam happy...

ta-da, we're saving money!

No comments: